Sunday 19 April 2009

Birthday Treat!

Had a fantastic birthday last weekend, and had a special birthday treat from my parents which was a falconry day at Warwick Castle. I have always wanted to do falconry so I went along to Warwick (my favourite place) and had the most amazing time with some stunning, impressive birds. The Bird of Prey experience at Warwick Castle is run by the most excellent people at www.hawkexperience.co.uk so check it out if you are interested, also check out Warwick Castle's web site which is listed on my blog.
I held a Bald Eagle called Sydney who was heavy but stunning, I also held a juvenile Bald Ealge, who didn't have the recognisable white head as juveniles don't get the white head until they are holder. I also asked a very impressive Golden Eagle called Mouse an unusual name I know but he was a beautiful bird. I then flew two amazing birds an Eagle Owl and a Harris Hawk who was called Patience - she was amazing and my favourite bird. She was so elegant and silent as she swooped through the air.
Although the Bird of Prey experience isn't cheap (£80 participant and £30 spectator) it is well worth spending the morning handling and flying these amazing birds. I know dear bloggers that this doesn't really come under the heading of blog topics that I want on A Grand Day Out but I had to share this lovely day that I had.
I post some photographs next so that you can see how beautiful these birds are.

No comments:

Post a Comment