Friday 10 April 2009

Crochet - Creative Joy!

Crochet
A little background - Crochet is a process of creating fabric from yard or thread using a crochet hook. The word is derived from the Middle French work croc or croche, meaning hook. Crocheting, similar to knitting, consists of pulling loops of yarn through other loops. Crochet differs from knitting in that only one loop is active at one time, and that a crochet hook is used instead of knitting needs.

Some images of crochet. A creative form that I am keen to learn.
I tried knitting but didn't feel totally inspired, although I know it can be very creative, but crochet has always appealed to me.



Some lovely images of many different ways to crochet - I never realised until I started looking at how much variety there was in crocheting!


The crochet room above is simply wonderful - very inspiring!


Yummy - crochet fun!


A simple, colourful, pretty crochet garland!







No comments:

Post a Comment